Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wreaths...

Yes...I spent some of my weekend making wreaths! Kris was out of town and so it was the perfect time to do a little crafting (I'm a nerd I know). I can just never find a wreath I like that's not WAY over priced, so I've decided that I am going to attempt to make my own from now on. My Mom always used to make the best wreaths when I was growing up (another reason why I wish she was closer to me now) and I know it can be an easy task if you just try.

Here is the Valentine's wreath I made for < $5. All I had to buy was the burlap and I used ribbon I already had and instead of buying wire I just used a couple hangers.
 Go here to find the original blog where I found this simple idea and there's detailed instructions too!

I have been wanted to make a yarn wreath for quite awhile and it was rather hard deciding which colors to use, because if you don't already know there is TONS of different yarn colors. Here is what I went with on my first attempt, there will be more attempts and color combos in the future because A) it was SUPER easy, and B) it's SO darn cute! I will say the actual wrapping of the wreath took some time, but the rest was quick.
Go here to find detailed instructions on how to do this. You can search yarn wreaths for tons of color combos and ideas that other people have done. If you didn't already know these things are pretty popular!

P.S. Britt...I'm making you one next!

2 comments: