Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Projects...

 I have been working on this for awhile now. I have seen this before, or something resembling this in a friend's home and I wanted to recreate it once I had my bouquet. Getting the bouquet here from Mexico was difficult in itself, so I knew once I was able to smuggle that thing across the border I had to do something GREAT with it. Once I dried it for several months and it started to crinkle to pieces I was worried nothing was going to work. I got a shadow box and had my Mom help me get it in there while she was in town and I finally was able to add Kris' bout in there and seal it up. I LOVE being able to have a keepsake like this in our home.


I was able to also bring home one of my bridesmaids bouquets (not sure who left it in my room) and I still have my bouquet from my bridal session in Dallas. I will surely never do anything with these but I do so love to have all the memories. I am still working on other things from our wedding...maybe by the summer (our 1 year anniversary) I will have that completed! We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. You'll treasure that in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog.....one thing I had done with mine was I put a copy of our wedding invitation in it and a 4x6 photo of my husband and I where you can clearly see my bouquet. I love looking at mine! And everyone always complements me on it!

    ReplyDelete