Sunday, February 27, 2011

Morning thoughts

I have gotten to the point where I am not posting as much and I am trying to work on that. Kris has started baseball season, so he is extremely busy with that these days. My Mom has been in town visiting, so she has been keeping me company while Kris is at games.

I came across this blog early in the week and I find myself thinking about a lot of things while reading her sad story (read and you will understand more). Kris and I can't wait to have children, but reading things like this scares me to death. This is one reason why I never want to leave my child with a stranger and would love to have family who is able to stay with my child when I am working, so I can only hope and pray when the time comes that this will be possible. I know that even in these circumstances unexpected things can happen, but at least I will be assured things are being done how I'd like and they couldn't be in a more loving environment. I know I will be paranoid and as I read things like this it makes it even worse and we don't even have children yet. I guess I won't know for sure until the time is here...just some things to think about.

Hope it's a good Sunday for everyone...I started mine with a nice run and a strata! Yum!


We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.
Calvin & Hobbes


3 comments:

  1. oh.my.word! that blog is the saddest thing I have ever read :( dont read stuff like that...it will make you worry, worrry, and worry some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of that couple losing that baby certainly is sad. Kim and I (and, I'm sure, others) have discussed the possibility of you and Kris having children. I'm sure it can be scary when you read stories like that blog posting, but we do pray that if you are meant to be mommy and daddy, that God will be with you and your child(ren?) throughout. I just know you and Kris would give your children all the love and hope they need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words of advice...I am a natural worrier and tend to think the worst, so I will have to work on that!

    ReplyDelete