Thursday, March 17, 2011

One week

So it's been a whole week with out chocolate and I have to say that is has definitely gotten easier. I think I can do this now... I will do this! I have had a few temptations...homeade mint chip ice cream that we made before lent that I was not able to finish, brunch at Bonnie Ruth's with there amazing looking chocolate goodies, and of course the girl scout cookies are still calling my name, but I have somehow managed to overcome the temptation. I have also been successfully eating salads for lunch for almost 3 weeks now and I honestly thought that alone would help me drop some lbs, but apparently NOT!

My Mom has been in town and she is helping me with a hand full of things including getting my house all decked out with spring flowers and planting herbs and vegtables. I have never been known to have a green thumb so I am going to do all I can do to keep these things alive this year. It's usually the 100+ degree weather in July when things start to get bad and that happens to be when we go on vacation as well. My favorite plant is definitely the sweet potatoe vine plant and I just so happen to find an awesome looking one at ROOT Garden Center in Grapevine. Mine looks something like this but has the darker purple colored vines in it as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you and my wife. You're both eating less of the food you love to get healthier. Don't worry, the results will come. And I'm sure even now, your bodies are already experiencing the benefits. I'm also trying to eat more healthy (well, somewhat).

    ReplyDelete