Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I want to Rock and Roll all night......


So this is a montage from my first KISS concert experience. I got Kris these tickets back in June and gave them to him as his wedding present. They were pretty expensive and I wanted to get good seats so we would be close AND (this is big) I wanted to be on the side of the stage where we wouldn't be in the sun. I've never been to Pizza Hut Park before so I just guessed and well...I guessed wrong! The concert started at 1pm but that was mainly just no name bands who were playing and Pat Green and Daughtery didn't go on until almost 6pm. We got there and sat on the West side of the stand until the sun went down then moved to our seats. I was excited mainly to see Pat Green and Daughtery, but there was probably only 1% of the fans who were in my shoes...they were ALL there to see KISS and it showed!

This was just one of the tons of people who had face paint and garb on...can you believe this kid?? He was probably maybe 5 years old. I am so not a Rock and Roll type of music fan, but this is was Kris grew up listening to and I was trying to be nice. I have to admit I did know a few of the songs, but only the mainstream popular one's.

This concert by far wins the award for the biggest production I've ever seen...I mean fireworks, fire, smoke, confetti exploding everywhere, and Paul Simon and Gene Simmons were hardly ever just standing on stage. They were zipling across the audience, raising on platforms, singing on top of the lights all while wearing that garb with 6 inch platforms on and it was HOT!! These guys are in their 60's, which is pretty unbelievable.


Kris left LOVING every minute of it and I'm just gonna say I enjoyed experiencing it but probably not going to go see them again. (:






2 comments:

  1. haha! You win wife of the year award for this!! and I still wish you could have seen his face when he got these tickets :)

    ReplyDelete